help =)

ana_girl 14:08 01 Dec 05

my customer is using windows 2000.she can open her homepage but not other websites.she can open one website in safe mode ( suggestions?could this be a spyware/malware issue?

Skyver 14:27 01 Dec 05

More of a 'net problem - if she recently visited the site it will still be in her browser cache.
Need to know if she's on dial up/cable or ADSL broadband, does she have antivirus/antispyware software, any recent software installed.
Quick fixes for Internet Explorer
click here
click here
The latter is for XP but Win2K is fundamentally the same.

ana_girl 14:52 01 Dec 05

already deleted cache and restored defaults in IE.should i try to repair her internet explorer?customer is online from my tests

ana_girl 14:52 01 Dec 05

she also has mcaffee

Skyver 14:58 01 Dec 05

Give it a go - ask her to ping a couple of obvious sites from the command prompt, or something which is similarly reliable, this will confirm her PC is communicating with `net and any problems she has a re more to do with her browser than her internet connection.

recap 15:08 01 Dec 05

If it's spyware run an anti-spyware program such as Adaware click here to download the program.

Skyver 15:12 01 Dec 05

Good suggestion, though personally I find Ewido more effective than either Adaware or Spybot S&D for a one-off scan click here

ana_girl 16:36 01 Dec 05

those sites if its spyware if she cant get any webpages?

Skyver 16:39 01 Dec 05

That's true enough - if she can download from a direct link she wont need to browse - try forwarding this link click here

or tell her to type h--p://
and replace h--p with http

ana_girl 16:47 01 Dec 05

let me try that

tnx =)

Skyver 18:13 02 Dec 05

Would you mind ticking Resolved if that is the case...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…