Help with 2 network cards in 1 PC

ecclesk 09:08 10 Aug 07

I have 2 network cards in 1 pc and i'm having trouble getting things working.

network card 1 is connected to a machine controller via a 4 port hub, for monitoring/controlling a refrigeration plant and must have a static ip 192.168.1.40

ntwork card 2 is automatic assign ip and is connected to a router for broadband.

the problem is can not get both connections working at the same time!

to use broadband i have to unplug the machine controller (net card 1)

and to use the machine controller i have to unlug net card 2.

i really need to get both connection working together at the same time. any help or advice would be greatly appriciated.

mgmcc 07:53 11 Aug 07

Does the broadband router allocate addresses in the same 192.168.1.0 Subnet (IP address range) as you use for the fixed address in the second network adapter? If so, this might be causing a conflict. Change the router's own IP address to use a different Subnet, for example give it the address 192.168.2.1 and it will allocate IP addresses with "2" as the third octet. The two network adapters will then be in separate Subnets (both using the Subnet Mask address of 255.255.255.0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…