Help

Spr 13:10 27 Feb 04

I have a Pentium 4 with XP Pro 20gb HD 512mb of memory, of late my Pc has started to play up I.E. programs keep freezing, takes a long time for programs to open, when they do they a half size, now the HD & the busy light keep going on & on. When going from Intent Explorer to Outlook Express it freeze & vice versus. When I close down at times my PC hangs at Saving your Settings. I have ran Virus checker & my machine is clean. I have an internal ISDN modem

MichelleC 13:28 27 Feb 04

It could be hardware or software. Try scanning at PC Pitstop click here. Have you cleared out spyware?

Stowit 13:30 27 Feb 04

I cant offer any real solutions, just a couple of suggestions. Firstly have you put on or removed any programs recently that could be causing the problem? I think Xp offers restore points, you should be able to restore the system to a point before the problems.
Pressing alt ctrl & del should show you whats running in the background & may be using all your memory. Try shuting programs from the list to identify which is causing the problem (can later remove). Worst case you could junk it all & reinstall Windows, but hopefully someone here will have a better solution than this to try first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…