//some 3rd party need geo

Help with 128/137gb hdd limit on xp pro

Decado 14:56 04 Jan 05

I am using a 160gb Maxtor Hard Drive as a slave to a 80gb Maxtor Hard Drive.

My motherboard is an asus a7n8x with original BIOS.

I have Installed SP1 and the LBA enabler as reccommended on the Maxtor website, and on here. My hard drive capacity is still only showing as 128GB, i tried changing it from auto to large to LBA in BIOS also, with no luck. Can anyone tell me what i need to do to use the rest of my HD space?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:40 04 Jan 05

Shows 127G not 160G
(start > run > regedit <enter>) and go to the following folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Parameters there add a new key named "EnableBigLba" , type: "REG_DWORD" and "value 1" (excluding the quotes (")) now restart and your windows will see the true size

Decado 16:55 04 Jan 05

The key is already there - it was added by the Enabler from the Maxtor site. Unfortunately im still getting the decreased HD size.

holly polly 17:11 04 Jan 05

click here

this is what maxtor suggests-hol pol...

Decado 17:17 04 Jan 05

I tried the first soultion - which didn't work. My chipset is an AMD so that won't work and i live in the UK, and cannot find the adaptor it reccommends

bobbyburtie 02:33 18 Jan 05

If you haven't already got one this might help:- click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…