HELP !

Fillymouskwitz 19:17 04 Jan 04

Dear All,

I have an Evesham 1900 AMD 512M running Xp as my os. I use Nortons win Doctor regularly to clean up my system and check it for errors. Whenever I do, it always finds the same problem. When I try to repair it it says it can not be repaired. Should I just ignore it or is it a problem that warrants further action ?

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe" cannot access a necessary file, "mscoree.dll."

Many thanks in advance

David

VoG II 19:19 04 Jan 04

You should uninstall newdot net which is spyware. See the links in this thread click here

Fillymouskwitz 11:24 08 Jan 04

As suggested I tried removing the file following the link provided. However now when I boot the machine up, it hangs on a black screen for about 10 minutes, then finally goes into the XP log in screen.

I am sure this has been caused by uninstalling the file ... I have Go Back but no safe boot points prior to the uninstall (I turned it off for some unexplicable reason!) ....

Any thing I can do ?? I still have Eveshams at home warranty but would rather try and self help than mess about calling engineers out ..

Many thanks in advance

David

Jester2K 11:47 08 Jan 04

Go to click here

Scroll to the bottom of the page and download the program called uninstall5_48.exe to your hard drive. Run it and follow the instructions.

Jester2K 11:48 08 Jan 04

"I tried removing the file following the link provided" Which file by the way??

Trackrat 11:49 08 Jan 04

If you are using XP you should have some restore points set automatically unless you have turned it of.

Jester2K 11:49 08 Jan 04

Once you have this sorted download, install and UPDATE AdAware click here and SpyBot click here

Then run them to sweep for more of this stuff...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac