compost 18:45 09 Oct 03

i keep on getting sort of a web page thing coming on the tool bar at the bottom of the screen if i am on a game the game stops and at the bottom tool bar i get things like www. blank page or internet fuel or microsoft advisor how do i stop this happing and and deleat them i have got xp thanks

johnnyrocker 18:51 09 Oct 03

you could use alt f4 but for permanency i would get something like spy bot or adaware or both is even better plus a pop up stopper all of which should be available at click here or click here

compost 20:00 09 Oct 03

Hi johnny you might think i am a idiot but what do i press to get spy bot or pop up stopper i am no very good on pc thanks

JIM 20:15 09 Oct 03

johnnyrocker, click on ZDNet Downloads,at top of page,then scroll to ALL popular downloads,click next at the right hand bottom for second page.

Spybot - Search & Destroy popular
Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security and privacy.

NO 30 spy bot

Have a look around for the pop up stopper

JIM 20:20 09 Oct 03

cilck ALL popular downloads c/net

NO 25 in list,click on Pop-Up Stopper Free Edition

expertec 20:39 09 Oct 03

Spybot: click here
Ad-Aware: click here
Popup Stopper: click here

compost 20:41 09 Oct 03

thank you both i have down loaded both will see if it works

TommyRed 20:49 09 Oct 03

Try the google toolbar for a pop-up stopper click here you can also use it to do a search, it's stopped all my pop-ups, 160 so far. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…