Hello Vog

SusieWong 22:46 26 Sep 03

Hello Vog

Left a message a couple of weeks ago about problems with messenger service etc. Was losing the will to live trying to sort it out. Thanks for the info and advice. Pooter is now running excellently. Thanks again. We still have connection problems but we do live in a village with no chance of broadband in forseeable future so have to live with that. Spybot is invaluable. Can't believe what it showed up when we first ran it. Thanks again. No doubt I'll be back for more in the future.

Sue

VoG II 22:50 26 Sep 03

Glad that whatever I said worked.

I sympathise with your connection problems. You can always phone BT (I presume) and complain about crackling on the phone line (do not mention the internet). They may turn up the gain on your line.

I've left that nonsense behind long ago and am on Blueyonder cable 2Mb/s !

VoG II 23:00 26 Sep 03

Found your original thread click here

SusieWong 23:06 26 Sep 03

Thanks again. Your advice really helped. The connection problems are on his PC and not my laptop. BT have checked the phone line coz we got zapped by lightning in August which killed my laptop. Ironically I was trying to turn it off at the time. Next time I'll just pull everything out and sort it out afterwards. Had to get new modem - not easy from Dell!!!! Followed one of links on the message board and eventually got one gratis. I don't get disconnected at all when I'm online but PC get's disconnected frequently. I've made a note of laptop settings and compared them with PC settings and both are maximised and set to recommended etc. Living miles from nowhere doesn't help. I've been thru start menu etc and disabled everything he doesn't need so hopefully things should now be better. PC has a shorter connection to phone point than laptop so should have less problems or am I being a bit naive. Laptop goes thru two extensions???
Sue

Joanne_1 23:09 26 Sep 03

I envy you, I'm on NTL 1mb and still waiting for 2, have you heard anything?

Djohn 23:10 26 Sep 03

Evening VoG. Now I know how you beat me to the answers! 2mb wow! ;o)

SusieWong 23:17 26 Sep 03

Evening Djohn
Perhaps you'll have to upgrade? I'm just grateful for any help I can get.

Sue

VoG II 23:19 26 Sep 03

You might want to start a new thread about "connection problems" or similar as this is really not my subject, plus a lot of members may well ignore a post directed specifically at me.

DJohn - Good evening my friend. Yes it is seriously fast but I'm thinking of going back to 1 Mb/s because it really does not speed up general surfing. However you (well I) can download a 20 meg file in the time taken to boil a cupful of water.

SusieWong 23:21 26 Sep 03

Just a note to say the satellite box is also connected to the phone line and also appears to have gone down the river without a paddle as well following the lightning. Although the BT man said everything was fine with the line. I am just glad I wasn't touching anything electrical at the time!

Sue

Djohn 23:23 26 Sep 03

Evening to you as well, Yes, I've just recently upgraded to Broadband, 512k and the difference has been amazing, but I would think that VoG's 2MB would make mine seem as though it was stood still! ;o)

SusieWong 23:26 26 Sep 03

I'll post a new message about connection problems. I just wanted to say thanks for all your previous help and directions. Again I expect I will be back in the future. Time to have a pint? Only got Old Hooky from the brewery unfortunately. Will that do?

Sue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…