Hello All, and here's a conundrum!

stevelockie 20:34 13 Dec 07

Hi Everyone!

Very puzzling problem with one of the machines on my network.

Accounts Administrator pc, running XP SP2, Office 2000, Sage Payroll, Sage Line 100 and Barclays Business Master, which communicates through an analogue modem.
Her old machine's hard drive gave up the ghost, IT Support Company fitted a new hard drive, then the problems started.
Anytime she sent a fax (via Word) to the Network Fax machine, her machine rebooted. When I checked the event log there was a STOP 0x0000007f error (hope I've got correct number of zero's!).
She also got a message when she went into an Office application "Office Assistant will not start, please re-insert disc and click repair", which I did, but it didn't work!

I fancied I may have had to re-install XP and all the Accounts packages, so instead I bought her a new machine and guess what, the problems are still there!
The most destructive one is the fax "reboot" in fact on the new machine she gets the BSOD, quoting the same 0x00000007f error this time.

Been running the accounts and Barclays packages for a number of years.

Any ideas, would be most welcome!

Many thanks in anticipation

recap 20:40 13 Dec 07

Try doing a memory test you can get one if you click here

SANTOS7 20:42 13 Dec 07

Stop 0x0000007F or UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

The Stop 0x7F message indicates that one of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode:

* A condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept (also known as a bound trap).
* Software problems.
* Hardware failures.

Possible Resolutions:

* Stop 0x7F messages are typically due to defective, malfunctioning, or failed memory hardware. If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace it to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the system manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.
* Running the CPU beyond the rated specification, known as "overclocking," can cause Stop 0x7F or other error messages due to heat buildup. When diagnosing problems on overclocked systems, first restore all clock and bus speed settings to the manufacturer recommended values to determine if this resolves the issues.
* The problem might also be due to cracks, scratched traces, or defective components on the motherboard. If all else fails, take the system motherboard to a repair facility for diagnostic testing.
* Stop 0x7F messages can occur after installing incompatible applications, drivers, or system services. Contact the software manufacturer about possible Windows XP specific updates. Using updated software is especially important for backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now