Helicopter noises when I talk.

leannewales 12:32 25 Oct 03

When I try to talk to people on line..they hear helicopters in the background...I tried buying new mics/headphones etc...but nothing seems to cure it...would be grateful if some-one could tell me why it happens and what to do about it...thanks...leanne xxxx

spuds 12:41 25 Oct 03

Contact your line provider, for a service check.Could be a combination of things, which your line/service providers would have a possible remedy or suggestion available.

When I hear helicopter noises, it is usually the Police helicopter en-route to another incident. There base is local to my home (;o))

©®@$ђ 12:46 25 Oct 03

maybe it's some sort of interference

possibly from the fans inside the computer?

could be monitor,sspeakers or a similar electronic device causing interference

have you tried turning your speakers down, or moving your mic as far away as possible, to see if it helps

leannewales 12:46 25 Oct 03

hey thanks spud!....but I have a cable connection...so I don't think it's that....leanne xxx

leannewales 12:51 25 Oct 03

hi ..thanks!!...I have messed about with volumes...moved mic etc...doesn't resolve it...could be the fans...but what could i do about that?.....leanne xxx

©®@$ђ 12:51 25 Oct 03

click here

and also make sure your that your voice recording is set to the sound card and not the modem, you can find that in control panel/sound and audio devices

graham√ 13:36 25 Oct 03

If you are happy to open up the PC, see if there is a thin lead going from the CD-ROM to the sound card. If so, re-route it so it is away from any source of interference such as the PSU and fans. Be careful not to touch any other components.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…