Heavy weight photo card

Andsome 15:27 07 Apr 03

I make my own greetings cards on A4 size. I am almost out of 210 grm double sided matt photo paper from MX2 at about 11 pence per sheet. They no longer stock this item. Anything lighter is too thin. Any ideas please for a scource of supply for A4 card at 210 grm or heavier, in white.

Glossy one sided photo paper will NOT print properly on the other side, I find that it smears.

€dstow 15:31 07 Apr 03

Have a try with Viking, 7dayshop, Jessops, Dixons (sorry, that's twice I've sworn today). Staples if you're near a branch.

Haven't got the addresses at the moment, on a different machine, but I'm sure you can find them easily.

€d

shifty 15:45 07 Apr 03

choicestationary.com have it, 100 sheets for a round £11.99. 210g matt photopaper. I use it for greetings cards etc, well recomended.

Andsome 16:04 07 Apr 03

€dstow thanks

shifty, thanks. I have ordered 100 sheets, thanks again both of you

Filch 18:51 07 Apr 03

Ilford's "Classic Peral" will print on both sides, at least the batch I have will and I assume they are all the same. A matt finish on the reverse side, a gloss on the proper side.

€dstow 19:19 07 Apr 03

The Ilford Pearl paper suggested by Filch has an absolutely superb finish. A black and white picture on this paper can look excellent and, with the right original, can look almost three dimensional and seem as though it is carved out of velvet (if you can imagine this!)

Also excellent for colour as well.

It's the normal paper we use for promo work and often provokes favourable comment.

If you're into printing phots's, give it a go.

€d

watchful 19:28 07 Apr 03

What's the best place to purchase the Ilford Pearl paper?

It sounds just what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.

€dstow 19:39 07 Apr 03

We get ours wholesale but here's a good place: click here put "ilford pearl" into the search box (top left) and it will find a number of entries.

There are a lot of Jessops shops as well

€d

€dstow 19:41 07 Apr 03

Forget that above - that's photo paper - hang on!!

€d

€dstow 19:44 07 Apr 03

Same address, look under inkjet paper then go to second or third page for Ilford Pearl.

Sorry about that error.

€d

anchor 19:48 07 Apr 03

Whats the difference between Ilford Classic Pearl and Ilford Smooth Pearl?. Does "pearl" mean a satin finish, as compared with glossy?.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5