heat sink recommendation for Packard Bell oneTwo L5351

kenpachi 14:23 19 Nov 13
Answered

I want to replace my packard bell oneTWO heat-sink. From found the heat-sink description for my packard ball oneTwo pc on this site oneTwo L5351. It is the same as my pc. From the description on it. I was wondering if the heat size I found on amazon will fix? anf if not which one will you recommend will fix and will be quiet like a mouse and yet still do the job fine.

Heatsink from amazon site

retep888™ 15:18 19 Nov 13

According to your other thread Issues with packard bell all in one l5351 ,it looks like it might not be your CPU cooler is the culprit.

<< My packard bell all in one l5351 was making a hell lot of noise >> What sort of noise is it? Have you checked the condition of the HDD?

<< CPU #0 93°C. Its just shut itself down again >> It doesn't look good ,the CPU is overheating & might be on the way out.

<< I have a feeling that the metal cover is putting pressure on the fan, because when I first opened it, they was a big black circle on the metal which indicate that it was directly on top of this fan >> The big black circle on the metal is just a heat ring mark from the heat dissipated from the CPU, the metal cover isn't putting pressure on the fan.

<< I was wondering if the heat size I found on amazon will fix? >> No,it won't fit. You'll need an AM3 cooling fan.

If you can still get it up & running ,can you go into Bios and tell forum members more PC hardware details by expanding the Product Informations such as which model of CPU being used?

kenpachi 16:23 19 Nov 13

Thanks for your reply. I see you made some good points but I will like to say that 93°C was when I opened and clean the fan and heatsink(using water). It was the fan making noise as if it had too much dust and you could hear from 2 rooms aways(standard UK room size) thats how loud it was. even then before I clean it, it was so hot that in winter I never need to turn on the heater in my room as the PC was making it so warm, even then it didn't not shut itself down.

I have a feeling that maybe because I used water to wash the heatsink that maybe I wash some chemical or something on the hearsink and that why I wanted to by a new fan.

I will purchase the AM3 fan you have recommended and see if it was the heat sink

kenpachi 16:29 19 Nov 13

I will get access to the BIOS and will post the details later on tonight.

retep888™ 16:53 19 Nov 13

<< It was the fan making noise >> The fan doesn't make unusual noise even when the heatsink is dust clogged unless either the blade was damaged or the bearing's gone. BUT if the CPU is overheating then the fan will be instructed to spin at a noisy crazy speed at all time hence I suspected a faulty CPU too.

<< I have a feeling that maybe because I used water to wash the heatsink that maybe I wash some chemical or something on the hearsink and that why I wanted to by a new fan. >> There is no chemical on the heatsink, it's just a piece of solid aluminium block with fins.

<< it was so hot that in winter I never need to turn on the heater in my room as the PC was making it so warm, even then it didn't not shut itself down. >> It's usually the high power graphic card which makes more heat than the CPU, in your case I'd suspect you've a problematic/failing CPU.

<< I will purchase the AM3 fan you have recommended and see if it was the heat sink >> Sure,it's the cheapest way to try first but before you make the purchase please measure the size( height ) of the old heatsink because the AM3 fan is 7.8 CM tall, the clearance of your all in one PC is very restricted.

kenpachi 22:27 19 Nov 13

did u use the link I posted on my question? because I think it says the size of the fan in my packard oneTwo pc

kenpachi 23:37 19 Nov 13

Just found someone out. My pc is actaully lA6524 UK Not L5351. Am so sorry

retep888™ 00:59 20 Nov 13

<< because I think it says the size of the fan in my packard oneTwo pc >> Sorry ,I couldn't see it anywhere in the link.

<< My pc is actaully lA6524 UK Not L5351. Am so sorry >> Think they're the same model.

The manual in your link covers quite a few models, that's why I asked you to get the hardware details if you can get it working.

The AM3 CPU fan I recommended is for common AM3 socket but PC manufacturers like Packard Bell often has custom made accessories i.e. your CPU fan might have extra thin heatsink as well as slim fan with the heatsink screwed into a metal backplate instead of clip in, please check it out.

kenpachi 09:15 20 Nov 13

CPU fan might have extra thin heatsink as well as slim fan with the heatsink screwed into a metal backplate instead of clip in

sorry for my late reply. That is true. the fan and heat sink are screwed together with long metal screws(4)...

kenpachi 09:24 20 Nov 13

if you click Here you will see the image I uploaded of the fan, I got it from the here. This website says the fan is a "CPU HEATSINK AIR COOLER LGA775 PGGREENWOOD" I tried to access the BIOS last night but it shut down before I could do it.

retep888™ 14:18 20 Nov 13

<< This website says the fan is a "CPU HEATSINK AIR COOLER LGA775 PGGREENWOOD" >> What site? I know the codename for LGA775 is Conroe, never heard of Greenwood though.

From the link you sent ,I suppose your PC is this one ,both clearly stated it's an AMD AM3 CPU. AMD Athlon II X2 Dual-Core 220 Socket AM3 and LGA socket 775 cpu

It's a pity you can't get it working but can you identify what type of CPU being fitted using the links above but I'm quite sure it's the AMD (probably the 220 )

To change the AM3 cooler fan ,it'll involve a retention bracket as well as a back plate being fitted underneath the motherboard, in your case see if you can fit the retention bracket onto the original fitted back plate first, that'll save you a lot of time then clip on the new fan otherwise a motherboard removal is inevitable. Please observe heatsink/fan clearance to the back cover.

It seems there're lots of people having overheating problem with this kind of all in one PC on the net, some people simply remove the wall mount metal plate ,just leave the plastic back cover on & cure the overheating problem, did you say it worked with back cover removed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant