Heat!!!

sebtiger 13:40 04 Jun 06

I have recently found out that one of the possible causes for my computer to crash is that there is not enough air circulating my graphics card. Therefore causing a crash! (lock-up in counter-strike). I am thinking of getting a new case but only have a budget if 40 pounds. I have looked around but have been disappointed that the build quality at that price is rubbish and looks tacky. Any ideas of what I should do?

VoG II 13:43 04 Jun 06

Could you fit a(nother) case fan click here

DieSse 13:56 04 Jun 06

Hot spots tend to occur underneath graphics cards. One Intel recommended solution os to fit a fan in the base of the tower (you may need a hole cut to allow air in) blowing upwards.

Or a PCI slot exhaust fan may help, like this one click here

sebtiger 14:45 04 Jun 06

I already have the maximum number of fans and a pci exahaust. However I only have room to fit one 8 cm fan anyway.

Seb

keef66 11:00 05 Jun 06

what graphics card do you have? What are the temperatures of the cpu, gpu and case when you've been playing counter strike for a bit?

Make sure your memory is OK first. Download and run Memtest 86

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…