HEALTH CONCERN-LINKSYS WIRELESS-G ROUTER

xcs 01:10 24 Mar 07

Dear sir,

I have recently installed the router for my PCs.

I would like to know if it is safe, healthwise in terms of the radiation/signals emitted/transmitted by the router to the PC users.

The router is sitting on top of one of the PCs and is about 1.5 feet from the head of the user. Is this safe. Another PC which is in another room has a wired aerial about 3 feet above the user's head. Are these 'clearances' sufficient? What is the minimum distance, if any, applicable safety-wise?

I know I sounded ambivilent - on the one hand, I would like to use the technology, on the other, I am overly concerned. Appriciate if you can help put my mind at ease with some sound info and advice.

Thanks a million!

GT
24 Mar 07

€dstowe 06:36 24 Mar 07

Most of the replies you could possibly get from this forum would be guesses and personal opinions.

Can I suggest that you contact the manufacturers of the product concerned. They will be able to answer you directly or point you in the correct direction of where the information is available.

Technotiger 07:27 24 Mar 07

I agree with €dstowe. However, my router is even closer to my head than yours is, has been for years, I don't think it does any harm whatsoever - at least dont think me are been unefected on iny way alweys huppy to obleyege. Yano wot ah meen??

Technotiger 07:58 24 Mar 07

PS - being serious again - I have been told by a real expert that it is not a good idea to have the router 'on top of the PC', or too close to any large metal objects as this could affect the proper operation of the router - not meaning actual Health-wise.

laurie53 08:13 24 Mar 07

Try this link.

click here

Laurie

Technotiger 08:28 24 Mar 07

Very interesting, approx 1000 times below the recommended limits - I reckon we can all rest easy in our beds then.

Forum Editor 08:34 24 Mar 07

by a client of mine who runs a large and very busy Chiropractic clinic. I installed a wireless network for the clinic computers, and the doctor concerned was worried about any possible effects on patients and/or the sensitive electronic equipment that's used in treatments.

Some fairly extensive research, plus the advice of a radio electronics engineer at one of the big universities lead me to believe that there's no measurable risk to anyone from a wireless router, no matter how close to it they are.

I certainly hope that's true - I spend a good part of my working day sitting within a metre of one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…