Headset/Microphone

Could someone recommend a good quality headset and microphone (price range 25-30). I use msn chat a lot and more importantly voice recognition and the mic I have at the moment is pretty poor so I could type it quicker having to repeat myself!! The mic has to be a good sensitive one that picks up my voice no problems.

Belatucadrus 11:38 29 May 06

click here
Check out Plantronics, they're major suppliers to call centres and produce quality kit.

Thankyou Belatucadrus but I don't know a good one from a bad one!! Should it be USB or not etc......

Drum 11:42 29 May 06

I used the boxed one that came with Dragon naturally speaking version 8, and it works fine, although I discovered that some of the early problems I had with it were because the microphone was not orientated properly underneath the foam rubber cover.
They do a cordless version now which is quite exciting but expensive.
Basically any of the headset type e.g. Logitech that you find on the high Street will be fine.

Belatucadrus 11:51 29 May 06

As far as I'm aware there all good, obviously the style is down to personal preference and the connection to what's conveniently available on your PC. If you're going to leave it plugged in all the time I'd prefer the standard audio plugs, but if you're going to move it from one PC to another and have suitable sockets, USB may be more convenient.
Do check the cable length with the supplier, as I think these units are designed primarily for desktop cases and if you've got a tower case on the floor they may be a bit short to plug in the back and still use comfortably.

^

Curio 18:29 29 May 06

click here I find these very good

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…