headset and speakers

inapot69 16:18 PM 21 Dec 11

i have recently bought a headset to use with skype. it has 2 jackplug connectors 1x Mic and 1 x headphone. currently my 5.1 surround speakers are connected to my soundcard at the back of my tower by 2 colour coded jacks (green and pink) the only way i can seem to get my headset to work it to disconnect my speakers altogether and plug in my headset ...access to the back of my tower is a pain to put it mildly so this cannot be the only option to switch between speakers and headset....please advise it is doing my head in...thanks in advance.

chub_tor 16:42 PM 21 Dec 11

Do you have the green and pink connectors on the front of your tower also? Are these not working?

inapot69 16:48 PM 21 Dec 11

there are only connectors on the rear xxx

Ibanez2010 17:44 PM 21 Dec 11

Should have bought a USB headset instead.

inapot69 17:54 PM 21 Dec 11

used to have a headset with some software called via voice...this had an adapter supplied,,,it had two female jack connection one for mic and one for headphones. and at the other side of it was a short lead to a usb connector and another female jack connection with the same "audio" symbol as its twin on the first side (if this makes sense) the mic always worked but the earpiece never did ...was i connecting it up all wrong?

Ibanez2010 18:20 PM 21 Dec 11
  inapot69 19:34 PM 21 Dec 11

thanks ibanez2010 for a couple of great ideas...humour for a while longer please,,,would i then need to opt within a section of windows as to which device i required to use to hear any audio output..i am using windows 7.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…