Headset + Speakers

phoenix_one 23:43 22 Aug 03

I have a PC and a headset and am wondering whether I can configure sound to come out of the speakers and voice to come out of the headset.

I have 3.5mm plugs and the mic works fine but I have no idea where to put the headphone socket.

I have a soundblaster 1o24 Live! I think!

It has 4 speakers, 1 mic and one digital out. Is that where the headset goes. The cable does not reach the headset on the front by the drives and my mobo does not have any ports.

HELP PLS

phoenix_one 23:21 06 Sep 03

Bump any help

phoenix_one 23:27 06 Sep 03

bump as i slide down the list without notice

hugh-265156 23:33 06 Sep 03

the headset should go in the speaker out socket,mic to the mic socket.

daxian 23:37 06 Sep 03

hi phoenix_one,
the headset should be used to replace the speakers ,as a set of headphones does in a hi fi system ....
so if you have 4 speakers on the soundcard (2 front 2 rear)then when you want to use the headset, plug in to where the front speakers are .
you could buy a splitter jack (splits one socket into 2) ,that way you could have speakers and headset all plugged in at the same time .

whybe 00:05 07 Sep 03

The only thing is that 'voice' forms part of 'sound' in the audio output. Your card will be processing the signal and placing the audio to the appropriate speaker, left and right, front and back. 'Voice' will have a tendancy to be directed to the front in most circumstances but it will also be combined with 'sound'. The only way I can think of you doing this is to have a card and set up that accomodates a central front speaker. This you probably could replace with your headphones, but in all of the suggested options you would lose the 'surround' effect especially if your 'phones are of the closed back type.

phoenix_one 09:16 07 Sep 03

Thanks I may go for the splitter socket then

wee eddie 19:31 07 Sep 03

The one specific to the Mic/Headphones, although how you would configure such a set-up I have no idea.

The whole concept is problematical as:

If you are wearing the Headphones you will not be able to hear the Speakers anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…