HeadSet into Soundcard, but no speakers!!

AngeTheHippy 11:06 29 Dec 05

Morning Chaps, I've received one of those headsets for PC thingies, which works fine - I can now make phone calls via the PC. Thing is though, as I've plugged it into the sound card on the back of the tower, I don't now get the sound(of music for example, no! NOT The Sound Of Music the movie...)through the speakers. So, is there maybe a 'doubler' connector as it's a bit of a pain having to scrabble around behind the tower to disconnect the headset plugs when I wanna listen to music.

Ta muchley,

AngeTheHippy
xx

The Sheep 11:13 29 Dec 05

Yeah you can defo get a splitter, however I suspect you may be plugging into the wrong port on your soundcard.

AngeTheHippy 11:15 29 Dec 05

well, there are 4 sockets in the soundcard...colour coded, as are the plugs on the headset - red & black, so I've just plugged the colour into the colour...

woodchip 11:25 29 Dec 05

get some extention cables to the front so you can change the line out from hear to speaker

AngeTheHippy 17:16 29 Dec 05

AngeTheHippy
xx

Stuartli 18:50 29 Dec 05

You don't need extension cables or anything on those lines...:-)

I have a headset and speaker which take the signal from the same output socket on the sound card using a 3.5mm jackplug to two 3.5mm output jackplug sockets. Cost? About £1.50 or so from any good audio shop.

I turn the sound down on the headset's volume control when using speakers and the speakers off when using the headset, which has the volume turned off.

See:

click here

for the type of adapter I mean.

Stuartli 18:52 29 Dec 05

..which then has the volume turned up.

Stuartli 18:54 29 Dec 05

The headset's mike jackplug should be inserted, as normal, into the mike socket which is usually alongside the speakers output socket.

I find that I actually have to Mute the Mike input when using the headset - but why I don't know...:-)

AngeTheHippy 12:18 07 Feb 06

Plugged it in - sound comes from PC speakers fine music wise, which is what I want, but also when using VoIP - the other person I'm calling ALSO comes out through the speakers, and not through the headset, although I NEED the headset plugged in as well, to be able to hold a conversation! Am I doing something wrong? Bit confused...

AngeTheHippy
xx

Stuartli 13:12 07 Feb 06

You have to turn the speakers off...:-)

Don't forget to also plug the mike jackplug into the (reddish or pinkish) socket on the sound card.

AngeTheHippy 14:29 07 Feb 06

can't figure out HOW to turn speakers off!! Been into start/control panel/audio devices (SB Audigy)- and have 'mute' ticked, but cannot see where to actually turn them off... or am I being dense....?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…