Heads Up. email Voicemail Message zip attachment VIRUS

lotvic 19:54 PM 29 Nov 13
Answered

Be aware of new Voicemail Message - Virus that comes in email attachment message.zip message.wav.exe

Yahoo filtered the email as Bulk, on my pc Avast stripped the virus attachment out. So if you don't have Avast Mail Shield be on your guard and don't open the voicemail message .zip

techhelplist.com report on the virus click here

virustotal.com report on what other antivirus programs detect it as click here

lotvic 20:06 PM 29 Nov 13
Answer

And watch out if you use Skype click here

"The links from the bogus voicemail service notifications point to the genuine Skype website. However, according to MX Lab experts, the file that’s attached to them, SkypeVoiceMessage-7776C24212.zip, hides a double extension .wav.exe file that’s actually a variant of the notorious ZeuS Trojan"

"The threat is designed to steal sensitive information from infected systems, so if you come across these emails, be sure to delete them immediately. If you’re a victim of this attack, regularly scan your computer with an updated antivirus solution."

And Cisco are warning about it too click here

onthelimit1 20:50 PM 29 Nov 13

Thanks for the heads up. Getting to be a minefield!

AroundAgain 21:28 PM 29 Nov 13

Thanks for the warning

Woolwell 21:59 PM 29 Nov 13

I received that one yesterday and it nearly caught me out. However Norton stopped me making a fool of myself and stepped in and quarantined it. It purported to come from Skype.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites