headphones+microphone

oldnovice 11:03 19 Feb 05

have purchased set of headphones with microphone
can hear but cant be heard have microphone not on mute son tried on his PC they work fine must be in my settings can anyone help have checked past threads didn't help o/s xp nvidia nforce(tm)audio

Diodorus Siculus 11:14 19 Feb 05

Are you sure you have it plugged into the correct port? (Sorry for stating the obvious, but best to rule it out...)

oldnovice 11:28 19 Feb 05

color coded mic in pink head in green

oldnovice 14:20 19 Feb 05

my son just phoned with the answer go to audio in task bar open control panel open multimedia go to audio open sound playback volume mute the microphone then master volume advance and untick option 2 centre speakers and sub woofer then to next section down sound recording select microphone tick box click advance tick option 1 alternate microphone untick option 2 microphone boost bottom of page untick use only default devices then unplug green microphone plug rear of PC plug headphones + mic front of PC it works msn skype this for six speaker setup

Pathologist 18:44 17 May 05

I have a similar problem. I run XP Pro. The computer has two sets of headset jacks, one pair at the front and the other at the rear. If I plug the jacks into the rear set the microphone works and the text recognition is OK; however, the headphone is silent. If I plug into the front pair, I get the reverse! The headphone picks up sound, but the microphone doesn't work!
In both instances the external speakers are fine.
Any ideas?

claluc 21:08 19 Jun 06

I have same problem as Pathologist, this on 2 different PCs running XP. Initially thought headset/mic was at fault and exchanged it, same problem with second one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…