Headphones

hoverman 10:20 20 Feb 03

Although not strictly PC related, can anyone recommend a decent pair of headphones that can simulate surround sound. I live in a flat, and out of courtesy to my neighbours, I cannot really have speakers disturbing them late at night. Cost is not an issue.

Andsome 10:39 20 Feb 03

As with speakers this is very subjective. Everyones tastes differ. The logical answer is to avoid the large chain stores, and visit a reputable Hi-Fi dealer and listen to several different models in a quiet auditioning room, using your own favourite CD's or tapes. Take your time and consider comfort as well as sound. Lightness is particularly important.

TheTerminator 10:39 20 Feb 03

sennheiser hd 495
for about £30
and am very impressed with them.
It appears any phones made by sennheiser are good and have great reviews.

Combined with Power DVD and tweaking the sound effects means a great surround sound effects.
I am very happy with it.

matt5705 11:38 20 Feb 03

synthisyser suround sound modle they will set you arround £90 there cordless you can connect 2 and they charge up on the base!

hoverman 11:51 20 Feb 03

Thanks to all for your replies. Have settled on Sennheiser HD 590 from an Edinburgh Hi-Fi shop. Bought on line and saved £30 on the normal price - plus I get a free Sennheiser watch and free courier delivery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced