Headphone socket query

de_de 11:15 30 Mar 05

I would like to enjoy my online gaming through headphones at night...my problem is I don't have a socket.

I have an MSI P4 2.4GHZ SIS648 MAX motherboard with onboard AC97 sound. Connected to this is a Creative 4.1 sound system, which I am more than happy with. Therefore I don't really want to purchase a seperate sound card.

I feel stupid asking this but is there a headphone socket type product that I could just plug into a spare PCI slot or something. Or do I need to buy a sound card?

If I need to buy a soundcard, could you recommend something that is relatively cheap and will be as good or better than my onboard AC97 / creative system (which is pretty good I think).

Thanks Paul

DieSse 11:17 30 Mar 05

You can use the normal lodspeaker socket. If you want to have both connected at the same time, then you can get a "doubler, with one plug and two sockets, from almost ant TV/radio type shop.

DieSse 11:19 30 Mar 05

PS - as an alternative you can get many nice headphones with a USB connector. Get one with a microphone as well, for future use talking across the web. Logitech do some nice ones - get these from any computer shop.

de_de 11:22 30 Mar 05

I never thought of that! How stupid am i! Thanks for that, I knew it would be something simple.

Starfox 11:31 30 Mar 05

What about USB? click here

jbp1982 12:17 30 Mar 05

Belkin splitter from Argos £4.99.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…