Headers and Footers in MS Word 2003 and the same in MS Word 2007

K*B 31 Aug 13

I created a document in MS Word 2007 on a Vista PC. The document has Headers and Footers and it prints very well on an HP LaserJet CP1215 printer. I then copied it onto a flash drive and printed it on a WinXP PC running Word 2003 and printing to an HP LaserLet 1320 printer. When I did, the formatting was not exactly the same. For example, the footer was much higher on the page than I would expect and all atempts to adjust it further down the page failed. How do I adjust the Word 2007 document footer in a Word 2003 version?

Peter 31 Aug 13

K*B,

Are you saving your document as .DOCX? If so you could try saving it as .DOC and see if that makes any difference. (Or vice versa, .DOCX in place of .DOC)

Peter.

Peter 31 Aug 13

K*B,

Are you saving your document as .DOCX? If so you could try saving it as .DOC and see if that makes any difference. (Or vice versa, .DOCX in place of .DOC)

Peter.

Peter 31 Aug 13

K*B,

Peter.

Peter 31 Aug 13

I don't know what happened there, I only posted the reply once!

Peter.

AroundAgain 31 Aug 13

I agree with Peter's suggestion but it also occurred to me that the margins might be set differently in each case so maybe worth checking what the default is on both versions/machines

I'd certainly be interested as to what you find is the reason

Cheers

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message