Headers & Footers

Dannyb 10:16 15 Jul 06

Can anybody tell me how I can get my printer to print a cocument with the writing at the top and bottom in the headers and footers to be as close to the top and bottom edges of the paper as possible. I have set the margins in "page Setup" to 0 but when I print there is still a large space below the text in the footer and above the text in the header. I have a Canon iP5200 Printer but cannot work out what settings on that would need to be changed - if any.
Thanks.

Pamy 10:49 15 Jul 06

Position headers and footers
Show All
Hide All
Do any of the following:

Adjust the horizontal position

Center a header or footer (header and footer: A header, which can consist of text or graphics, appears at the top of every page in a section. A footer appears at the bottom of every page. Headers and footers often contain page numbers, chapter titles, dates, and author names.), or align it with the left or right margin (margin: The blank space outside the printing area on a page.).

On the View menu, click Header and Footer.

If necessary, click Show Previous or Show Next on the Header and Footer toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.) to move to the header or footer you want to adjust.

On the Formatting toolbar, click an alignment button.

Tip

Use the preset tab stops (tab stop: A location on the horizontal ruler that indicates how far to indent text or where to begin a column of text.) in the headers and footers to quickly center an item or align multiple items (for example, align the date on the left and page numbers on the right). To center an item, press TAB; to right align an item, press TAB twice.

Adjust the vertical position

Adjust the distance from the top or bottom edge of the page.

If necessary, click Show Previous or Show Next on the Header and Footer toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.) to move to the header or footer (header and footer: A header, which can consist of text or graphics, appears at the top of every page in a section. A footer appears at the bottom of every page. Headers and footers often contain page numbers, chapter titles, dates, and author names.) you want to adjust.
On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Page Setup .
Click the Layout tab.
In the Header box, enter the distance you want from the top edge of the page to the top of the header.
In the Footer box, enter the distance you want from the bottom edge of the page to the bottom of the footer.

Change the distance between the document text and a header or footer

Adjust the amount of space that appears between the document text and the header or footer (header and footer: A header, which can consist of text or graphics, appears at the top of every page in a section. A footer appears at the bottom of every page. Headers and footers often contain page numbers, chapter titles, dates, and author names.).

If necessary, click Show Previous or Show Next on the Header and Footer toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, click Customize on the Tools menu, and then click the Toolbars tab.) to move to the header or footer you want to adjust.
On the vertical ruler (vertical ruler: A bar displayed along the left side of the document window. You can use the vertical ruler to adjust the top and bottom page margins and the row height in tables.), point to either the top or bottom margin boundary.

When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow, drag the top or bottom margin up or down.

See Also
About headers and footers
Change headers or footers
Insert headers and footers
Troubleshoot headers and footers

Dannyb 22:06 15 Jul 06

Many thanks, I think that's now sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…