Headers and Footers

I want to put a header on each page of a text document put saying different things on each page. How do I do this? Because at the moment when I do it if I type something on the first page the same thing appears on all pages. Thanks.

VoG II 21:03 24 Jan 05

Insert a new Section. On the headers and footers toolbar click on the Same as Previous button to break the link to the previous section. Then add the text that you want.

Sorry VoG I don't understand!!

VoG II 21:07 24 Jan 05

Insert, Break, Section Break-Next Page.

View/Header and Footer. You should now see the toolbar. Hover the mouse over the buttons. Click the one that says Same as Previous.

It doesn't seem to work! Thanks anyway.

VoG II 21:14 24 Jan 05
  fsbb 21:17 24 Jan 05

I assume you are using Word. The following is copied from Word Help.

Create a different header or footer for part of a document

When you create a header or footer, Word automatically uses the same header or footer throughout the entire document. To create a different header or footer for part of a document, divide the document into sections, and then break the connection between the header or footer in the current section and the previous one.

If you haven't done so already, insert a section break where you want to start a new section that contains a different header or footer.
How?

Click in the section for which you want to create a different header or footer.

On the View menu, click Header and Footer.

If necessary, move to the header or footer you want to change.
How?

On the Header and Footer toolbar, click Same as Previous .

Change the existing header or footer, or create a new one for this section.
How?

Word automatically makes the same changes to the headers or footers for all subsequent sections.

To create a different header or footer for a subsequent section, repeat steps 1 through 6.

The problem I am having there is no 'Same as previous' on the toolbar (office 2003). Only 'Show previous'.

VoG II 21:28 24 Jan 05

Sorry it is Link to Previous in Word 2003.

A picture worth a thousand words (I hope) click here

Bugger it! Its greyed out for some reason!

VoG II 21:34 24 Jan 05

Because you have not inserted a new Section or you are looking on the first page (Section).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…