header/footers too big when printing web page!

dormouse 19:39 02 Mar 03

I cannot find a way to reduce the text size when printing a web page. The 'View' menu > 'Text size' is ok for the content of the web page and does reduce this the text size but has no effect on the headers and footers. I am using Windows98 and IE6.

Pesala 20:00 02 Mar 03

Much better browser with built-in email.

From the Print Options menu you can change the margins, turn off headers and footers, and scale the page.

dormouse 20:07 02 Mar 03

I want to keep the headers/footers as useful for ref later. File > Print and amend the content but not the size. Need to stay with
IE so still need help.

Wak 20:22 02 Mar 03

Hi Dormouse, I have Win98SE and have never noticed any trouble with headers and footers.
For what it's worth. if you go to File/ Page setup there is a section covering headers etc.
In the header box, mine says "&w&bPage &p of &P" without the "".
In the Footer box it says "&u&b&d" without the "".
The spaces are as shown.
You could always try these codes and see if it makes a difference.

Wak 20:25 02 Mar 03

In the Page setup mentioned above, you can also alter the margins at top, bottom and both sides which should take care of the Header and footer.

dormouse 20:28 02 Mar 03

Mine has the same set-up in page set-up. I have tried all sorts of combinatins but the same. Last year I had a new hard drive installed but prior to that I had smaller H/F's when printing. I think PC Advisor had a tip for reducing the text size way back but I can't find the reference to it and am still searching.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…