HDMI to RBG monitor - how?

jusonator 14:25 28 Oct 13

Hi there! I'm trying to connect my PS3 to a monitor. However, the only input option on the monitor is RGB (the blue thing, not the three wires). How would I go about connecting a HDMI cable to this? Thanks!

QuizMan 14:31 28 Oct 13

This any good? HDMI to VGA adaptor

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:42 28 Oct 13

Blue thing?

I assume you mean VGA connector,

This is an analogue input.

HDMI id digital plus sound you would need to connect the sound output from the HDMI adaptor to some speakers

This cable is supposed to connect to a variety of TVs / monitors from

jusonator 14:45 28 Oct 13

Thanks! Could do... Would this work for audio as well?

jusonator 14:47 28 Oct 13

The box seems to have better reviews and is cheaper, so maybe that's the better option?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:02 28 Oct 13

Yes box will work then you need a vga cable from box to monitor and 3.5 mm male to male cable from box to speaker or plug headphones into box.

jusonator 15:28 28 Oct 13

Does that box definitely have a headphone slot? Doesn't say it does in the details...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:28 28 Oct 13

Hover your mouse over the picture to expand it , you can see the socket nect to the VGA port

QuizMan 16:20 29 Oct 13

*Fruit Bat /\0/* "Hover your mouse over the picture to expand it, you can see the socket next to the VGA port" - if you are referring to my previous link, I don't think that it does. Isn't that where the thumb screws from the VGA cable go? To be honest, I had forgotten about sound in my previous thread - sorry. It may not be appropriate after all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5