HDMI quality & Price

hoyasource 13:42 PM 17 May 11

Each HDMI cable is rated to comply with a specific revision of the HDMI standards.

a cable using better materials will outperform a cable which is built merely to meet a standards specification.

You are welcome to come hoyasource.com for quality HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 by wholesale SUPER best price.

Ian in Northampton 16:41 PM 17 May 11

Just before this gets flagged to the FE as spam - anyone reading it, take no notice. Very few people can tell the difference between an HDMI cable from the 99p store and one costing ten or a hundred times more. Expensive HDMI cables are this century's equivalent of snake oil. IMHO...

kidsis 16:44 PM 17 May 11

yes I saw a report last year where various hdmi cables were tested by various people and no one could tell which were the expensive or which were the cheap.

steviekm 18:40 PM 17 May 11

i used to work for one of the biggest retail companies in the uk-i can't mention any names for obvious reasons (hint-think of the stars etc) and as sales advisors we were put into an impossible position of having to up-sell to hit our targets with these sort of accessories etc (not to mention selling warentees no matter what) in my store,we set up 2 identical tv's with exactly the same hd feed; one with an £80 monster hdmi lead and the other with a cheap £10 lead from an other supplier. imagine our surprise when it was demonstrated that the cheaper cable gave the better results---we swapped the leads/tv's etc several times to try and prove that the expensive lead was better-but the results were consistantly in favour of the cheap and chearfull cable. as a result of this we were told to scrap the display; I would say to you - buy cheap and chearfull; i have several high def sources at home playing through my top quality 42" tv- and believe me-there is reason to wasr te your money on the expensive leads.

amonra 19:57 PM 17 May 11

There is a article on these cables on PCMag web site at the moment where they have tested cables ranging in price from $2 up to $300, no difference. Worth a read.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone