HDMI quality & Price

hoyasource 17 May 11

Each HDMI cable is rated to comply with a specific revision of the HDMI standards.

a cable using better materials will outperform a cable which is built merely to meet a standards specification.

You are welcome to come hoyasource.com for quality HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.4 by wholesale SUPER best price.

Just before this gets flagged to the FE as spam - anyone reading it, take no notice. Very few people can tell the difference between an HDMI cable from the 99p store and one costing ten or a hundred times more. Expensive HDMI cables are this century's equivalent of snake oil. IMHO...

kidsis 17 May 11

yes I saw a report last year where various hdmi cables were tested by various people and no one could tell which were the expensive or which were the cheap.

steviekm 17 May 11

i used to work for one of the biggest retail companies in the uk-i can't mention any names for obvious reasons (hint-think of the stars etc) and as sales advisors we were put into an impossible position of having to up-sell to hit our targets with these sort of accessories etc (not to mention selling warentees no matter what) in my store,we set up 2 identical tv's with exactly the same hd feed; one with an £80 monster hdmi lead and the other with a cheap £10 lead from an other supplier. imagine our surprise when it was demonstrated that the cheaper cable gave the better results---we swapped the leads/tv's etc several times to try and prove that the expensive lead was better-but the results were consistantly in favour of the cheap and chearfull cable. as a result of this we were told to scrap the display; I would say to you - buy cheap and chearfull; i have several high def sources at home playing through my top quality 42" tv- and believe me-there is reason to wasr te your money on the expensive leads.

amonra 17 May 11

There is a article on these cables on PCMag web site at the moment where they have tested cables ranging in price from $2 up to $300, no difference. Worth a read.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message