hdmi out?not sure why

frankie 22:35 29 Aug 09

hi thanks for looking.been given a birthday present, of a acer aspire 7535,laptop,it has the blueray logo on it,but will not play blueray disc,and another logo says hdmi out,has the socket on side too,my question is if its not blueray,whats the point of hdmi out?,or am i missing something?.

BRYNIT 23:24 29 Aug 09

A lot of computers have a HDMI connection but not a blueray disc player. The HDMI will allow your laptop to connect to the HDMI of a TV as a second monitor.

ambra4 03:02 30 Aug 09

“If its not blueray,whats the point of hdmi out?”

Note the Acer Aspire 7535 Optical StorageType: - DVD ± RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM –

Integrated

Not a Blue Ray Player

click here

The external video output on the laptop can be connected to a external monitor or a HD TV

either via the standard VGA cable or a HDMI cable

1 x display / video - VGA - 15 pin HD D-Sub

1 x display / video - HDMI - 19 pin HDMI Type A

Using a VGA cable you will also need to connect a 3.5mm Audio cable from the sound card to

The HD TV hear the audio

A HDMI Output is a Digital Audio/Video connector

click here

gigagiggles 04:35 30 Aug 09

hello.

the blu-ray laptop requires a software program that is capable of playing blu-ray movies. there is probably a pre-installed software that WILL be capable once you activate and upgrade to its blu-ray, at a nominal cost $$.

found this out the hard way. bought grafix card that was blu-ray capable. bought drive that was blu-ray logo'ed. came with software that was almost capable! had to install the software to discover the almost part.

once you;ve found a capable program, the blu-ray should output 720p to the laptop screeen or to a hdcp-compliant hdmi external screen. whether it goes higher to 1080i or 1080p to said external screen will depend on the grafix card.

frankie 21:33 30 Aug 09

appreciate you responding think that clears it up

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac