Hdmi converters

Danny Barnard 16:13 22 Jun 09

Hi I'm looking to get a new monitor for my PC build. I'm quite confused with HDMi and Dmi. I know my graphics card supports Hdmi so thats not the issue I'm confused about monitors. If a monitor says it's Dmi or Hdmi is that in relation just to the socket or the actual combatabilities I have a Hdmi to dmi converter so could I if I had a dmi monitor use the converter to use it to do hdmi? I mean because it's confusing because many monitors quote having the 1920x1080 pixel ration but are Hdmi. I have a feeling the converter is only to be used on the connection of the graphics card but I'd thought I'd check. Also I'm confused with hdmi and blue ray. Do I need Hdmi if I am to run blue ray or is it I won't notice the difference between DVD and blue ray unless I have Hdmi? Thanks guys

Danny Barnard 16:14 22 Jun 09

I ment they have 1920x1080 but are dmi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…