HDDs invisible to Acronis

UncleAl 08:05 22 Aug 04

I recently had to repair my installation of XP home. Now when I try to use Partition Magic or True Image, I get the message that Acronis cannot find any hard disks.

The only clue I have is that when I re-load these progs or try to install Paragon Drive Backup, I get a message to the effect that the program cannot get exclusive accesss to the disks, and to check whether I am not using the Computer Management Console. I am not, so can anybody suggesest anything else which may be locking out the HDDs ? They appear perfectly normal in all other respects, such as reading, writing, copying etc.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

rawprawn 08:13 22 Aug 04
  son-of-a-gun 08:40 22 Aug 04

Have you used Acronis on this PC system before with a positive result.

The only reason I ask is because if you have updated your system to RAID hard drives I understand you need at least Acronis Ver 7 to obtain the results you require.

If your using none RAID, or Ver 7 I would also do what rawprawn Say's.

UncleAl 10:01 22 Aug 04

Yes, I've used both the Acronis progs before on a regular basis. The HDDs have not been changed.

The reason I repaired XP was because the system did not take kindly to a new 9800 graphics card I installed. Everything works just fine now, with the exception of this problem with the Acronis disc management progs.

I'll certainly take your advice on the helpline. Thanks for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos