HDD working for 15 minutes

Tycho 10:03 02 Jan 05

My computer runs W2K. During the past week or so I have noticed the disc drive flogging away for extended periods of time and, of corse, slowing things down. Looking at the task manage does not reveal anything particularly illuminating. System idle running at about 60-90 on the CPU column and avgcc.exe running at about 15. I thought that it could be AVG doing a virus scan but nothing in the normal AVG user interface says anything about scanning (AVG v.7 BTW.

It sometimes happes late in the evening whe I want to shut down the machine. If I attempt to shut down then I am warned about the programme: WindowsFormsParkingWindow is still running and do I want to end it now.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on?

LeadingMNMs 10:08 02 Jan 05

Do a search on the program, it will give you loads to work through. The ones I looked at are meaningless to me, but perhaps they might relate to a task you are doing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…