HDD Wont format.... please advise

Craigmave 20:17 24 Sep 03

Hi there. After uninstalling Linux operating system from a 60GB HDD i find that every time i try to format the drive it crashes my pc. I have tried through windows, partition magic and dos but pc just freezes. Is there any way to get this drive from been useless. Thanks for your help.

zanwalk 20:27 24 Sep 03

Yes, there should be, if you go to the HD manufacturer's website, you will be able to download a utility to erase all data on the HD. These tools are manufacturer specific so you will need to find the make of your HD.

Craigmave 20:28 24 Sep 03

ok thanks rayburn i will certanly try that.

Craigmave 20:36 24 Sep 03

there doesnt seem to be anything on click here to erase everything on the drive.

Bodi 20:52 24 Sep 03

If you go further on the site to here:

click here

You'll find what you need for your drive.

Bodi

Craigmave 20:55 24 Sep 03

i will try that if i need to, thanks for your help. I removed the jumper from the back of the drive and the drive is now formatting through windows, if this fails then i will look up your link and tick resolved. Cheers

Craigmave 21:02 24 Sep 03

Bodi, i did go that far and downloaded a program but it crashed the pc again. I think that this removing the jumper has sorted it out. Cheers.

Craigmave 23:13 24 Sep 03

Problem solved, removed the jumper and formatted from within windows. Cheers for all your help at pc advisor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…