"HDD" - where are u??

CutNpaste 11:14 10 Jun 06

Hi everyone,
One of my harddrive has gone awol. In My Computers it doesnt show but in bios it shows that its present.
ant idea how to get it back?

Josho™ 11:22 10 Jun 06

Is it disabled in Device Manager?
When did it disapear? - Were you using it then it dissapeared or did it never show?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:22 10 Jun 06

Look in disk management is it showing there?

A simple reformat there will get it back BUT ALL DATA ON IT WILL BE LOST.

ed-0 11:30 10 Jun 06

Check Josho™'s explanation of device manager.

If you have no luck, then uninstall the IDE ATA /ATAPI, primary and secondary channels in device manager and reboot. Before you think of formating the drive.

CutNpaste 21:01 10 Jun 06

Guess wot happened.
In the morning my HDD was making a clicking noise. From previous experience i knew that my HDD developed a mechanical failiure and that i wud have to recove my data - which wud cost me bucks!!
Well guess whats happeneing now - the clicking noise turned in to a scraping noise and then it went like a miracle (it makes a click here and then) and my windows started. (I think My god has answered my prayers). I am backing up my work now (very immportant work) and most importantly i am writing this message in that clicking mode.
oh no! is making the clickding sounfd.
i habe to goo

Josho™ 21:11 10 Jun 06

OK, if you get this message BACKUP! I know you are, but you can backup the whole HDD so you don't have to reinstall Windows. I think the hard drive will go, but you can "Shock" it by banging it or placing it into a sandwich bag and putting it into the freezer. It's worth a try, you have nothing to lose.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:22 10 Jun 06

200 ways to repair a HDD
click here

woodchip 22:08 10 Jun 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…