HDD Recorder

prima12 09:41 24 Jul 04

Hi all, I have a HDD recorder (Thomson DTH 7000e)
with a USB connection for a card reader, could I connect this to my PC via this connection, and would it show up as an external hard drive,could I then use this to download and burn a DVD via my DVD writer?

jonnytub 10:34 24 Jul 04

no harm will come from trying

tasslehoff burrfoot 22:59 24 Jul 04

I don't know if this will help and it doesn't answer your question but I have a TiVo (also made by Thompson) and am in the process of connecting it wirelessly to my PC.

This will enable me to stream recorded programs/films to my PC and burn them to DVD(amongst other things).

Don't know if you can do this with your DVR but it's an idea.

prima12 09:07 25 Jul 04

Very interesting, let me know what you do, and how you get on. P.

tasslehoff burrfoot 01:05 28 Jul 04

In all honesty, It will probably take me a while as I can't afford to buy all the bits I need all at once.

If you are interested click here and go to the UK forum. There's loads of info, do a search for wireless or whatever takes your fancy.

Obviously this will only refer to TiVos though.

If I get mine up and running any time soon, I will resurrect this thread and post what I did if you like?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…