HDD OS Recovery info

wotbus@ 11:30 04 Mar 06

Looking at my old HDD in Partition Magic, is see a small space about 3Gb formatted in FAT32 and marked Recovery! There is nothing else on the HDD as all the old data has been transferred to my new HDD. I installed my XP OS myself on the new HDD [NFTS] and everything is working fine. My questions: What exactly is this "Recovery" portion - How did it get there - How do I put the same on the new HDD? Is it something XP generates when one creats a rescue disc or something like? Any advice would be welcome.

Magic Hobo 11:33 04 Mar 06

Sometimes computer manufacturers such as Hp etc. put a recovery partition on the computer instead of giving you the windows disc to recover from. It's just a way of recovering that pc to it's original state as you bought it. I'm sure that Windows doesn't make one as you've already got the disc to recover from.

---
Magic Hobo

wotbus@ 11:35 04 Mar 06

Thanks Magic Hobo. My PC is, or was before the rebuild, MESH. I have my OS disc so this little partion is not really necessary then?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:33 04 Mar 06

Could be uesful as it will contain all the drivers for the equipment install in your Mesh.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…