HDD to new barebones

talia 18:40 12 Nov 03

Hi all!

If I move my current HD to a new barebones machine and instal XP will thi sre-partition my HD?

This is a new 40GB drive that I installed and re-loaded '98' but it only set partition 'c' at 4GB and I camnnot delete partition using FDISK as I get error mesage saying 'Unsble to lock disc drive'

Please! Please! Help!

woodchip 18:47 12 Nov 03

If you put the drive in a new Mobo and System you are better running FDISK then Format. And a complete reinstall of OS

woodchip 18:49 12 Nov 03

You can do the above with a Win98 Startup Disc from click here put a clean disc in comp and double click the download to create the boot disc. You need a Win98se

talia 18:50 12 Nov 03

You have been so helpfull in the past...

I have a diagnostic disc that will run a Low-Level format so if I run that and then let XP partition and instal will all be okay???

woodchip 18:59 12 Nov 03

No you should at least format C:\ with the floppy disc above. Start With floppy disc At A:\> type FORMAT C: just press enter. you can then If you are going to run XP go into Bios, You may get in with the Delete key when you start your Computer , then set comp to start with CD as first boot Device and start With XP disc after the above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…