HDD jumpers...

Stuartli 15:20 11 May 05

Perhaps a strange query, but does anyone have a source for hard drive jumpers supplies?

The reason I ask is because it's the normal jumper type but shorter in length - I acquired a Socket370 adapter to take Coppermine/Tualatin CPUs from the States which came equipped with three of the jumpers, but six are required for my purpose...:-)

The product description does state three jumpers are provided but fails to add that you need extra ones for my CPU.

I've travelled quite a few miles and visited or telephoned a number of computer outlets without success to date.

The reason for the shorter length is so that the central area of the Coppermine/Tualatin CPU can pass between the jumpers and make the connection with the motherboard.

Longer jumpers block the way and also prevent the use of the Zero Insertion locking mechanism.

If you are not sure of the type of adapter I'm describing, it can be found at:

click here

sicknote 15:48 11 May 05
  DieSse 15:55 11 May 05

If you can email me the maximum height, I'll rake around in my spares - got loads of regular ones, and a few shorter ones - but of differing heights.

Stuartli 16:03 11 May 05

sicknote

They seem to be exactly the ones I'm after...:-)

DieSse

If you do have any of this type of jumper I'd be very grateful if you could check it out when you get a few spare moments...:-)

I'll send you an SAE if you are successful (you might like to let me know your address via the e-mail link).

Many thanks to you both.

Stuartli 16:09 11 May 05

Just measured one properly - right fiddle to get on and off - and it's a fraction under 3mm..:-)

dan11 16:09 11 May 05

Had a rake around and found these three mini jumpers.:-) click here

If they are any good, let me know.

Stuartli 16:14 11 May 05

Thanks for the response. As you may have gathered the jumpers are the ones suggested by sicknote; it's not very clear from your link what size these jumpers are.

However, these particular jumpers seem to be a mystery item to the computer retailers over a wide area round my home..:-)

Mind you they were to me as well prior to getting the adapter.....

Stuartli 16:18 11 May 05

It's just struck me that I went past Maplin's Aintree branch twice yesterday on a 200-mile round trip to and from Wales...:-(

dan11 16:19 11 May 05

Yes sorry , I meant to say they are next to a normal hard drive jumper ( black ).

Stuartli 16:25 11 May 05

Nothing to be sorry about...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…