HDD INSTALLING

blue 17:28 18 Feb 03

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE I HAVE JUST INSTALLED A 60 GIG HDD BY FDISKING IT AND THEN FORMATING IT WHEN I START TO INSTALL WINDOWS ME I GET A MESSAGE "TRY STARTING IN 386 ENHANCED MODE BY TYPING WIN /3." WHEN I TYPE IN WIN /3 I GET THE MESSAGE BAD COMMAND.
WHAT IS 386 ENHANCED MODE??????????????
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME

Tip: Turn off your Caps Lock when posting.

:)

blue 18:25 18 Feb 03

hey i don`t mean to annoy anyone but what does it matter as long as you can understand what is printed

Philip2 20:16 18 Feb 03

Windows 386 OS was released about 1987 Microsoft renamed it Windows 2.0 then 286 so why you are getting a promt to look for this i haven't a clue.
Have you got the jumper set to master and is your HD showing in the BIOS as 60gb i think i would reformat have you created the prime partition do this through FDISK in DOS if it is already created don't most HD's come with software to partition ect unless it is OMD but you can as a rule download from there websites.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…