HDD fitment

ams4127 19:10 14 Feb 03

Pardon my total ignorance on this matter, but is it possible to fit a HDD upside down?

Come on, stop laughing! I always understood that a HDD should be fitted with the label side upwards and the circuit board part on the bottom. This also puts the connections (IDE, Power etc.) on the bottom.

The reason I ask is that I have just fitted a second HDD and noticed that the original (which has been causing much grief) was upside down. Could this have caused my problems?

woodchip 19:18 14 Feb 03

They should work in any plane but once fitted and run for sometime are best left in the same plane

Lú-tzé 19:22 14 Feb 03

I don't think its positioning is the cause of it - often in midi towers they can be on their side. Still, that is always a first!

ams4127 19:54 14 Feb 03

Thanks woodchip and Lú-tzé.

I've repositioned mine and it is quieter than before. Not only that, but CHKDSK reports no errors on the drive....for the first time ever!

Maybe, just maybe.....!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…