hdd external box (serial ata ) to tv

Frontrow 20 Feb 12

I have external hard drive with films on and would like to watch them on my tv how do i do this .

First thing is, your TV would need to provide appropriate support for viewing external files. Do you know if it does?

Even if it does, I think it's rarely the case - if at all - that a TV would support a SATA device. Normally provision is only made for USB devices.

If your TV doesn't provide the necessary support, you'd probably need to get a media player to attach to your TV, and attach your hard drive to your media player. Again, though - the majority of those that I'm familiar with only support USB-connected drives.

lotvic 20 Feb 12

First consult your tv manual and if it supports and has a USB connection to view Media. Manual will also tell you what file formats are supported.

Plug ext hdd usb into tv and press the media button your tv remote and a menu will come up on screen.

Can't be more specific as it depends on your tv.

On my tv I can play movies from a USB device.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message