hdd external box (serial ata ) to tv

Frontrow 10:53 AM 20 Feb 12

I have external hard drive with films on and would like to watch them on my tv how do i do this .

Ian in Northampton 12:24 PM 20 Feb 12

First thing is, your TV would need to provide appropriate support for viewing external files. Do you know if it does?

Even if it does, I think it's rarely the case - if at all - that a TV would support a SATA device. Normally provision is only made for USB devices.

If your TV doesn't provide the necessary support, you'd probably need to get a media player to attach to your TV, and attach your hard drive to your media player. Again, though - the majority of those that I'm familiar with only support USB-connected drives.

lotvic 13:43 PM 20 Feb 12

First consult your tv manual and if it supports and has a USB connection to view Media. Manual will also tell you what file formats are supported.

Plug ext hdd usb into tv and press the media button your tv remote and a menu will come up on screen.

Can't be more specific as it depends on your tv.

On my tv I can play movies from a USB device.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…