HDD In enclosures I Have Three in all

catpwss 17:29 30 Jun 14
Answered

Hello.I have three hdd in enclosures all separate,I use these for backing up my documents music photos and video by using the Microsoft sync-toy. Now my point is would it be advisable to run the three all together to make the backup which I do every weekend,Or should I run them one at a time. The layout is each enclosure has a power supply and each has an USB cable,now the three USB cables are connected to a mains powered USB hub and from the to my tower as its a desktop.Running windows seven,I also do a backup of the O/S by using Macrium reflect free issue..

Well back to the question will it be okay to run all three at the same time or run them one by one?. Any advice here Please.Thank You.

Woolwell 18:23 30 Jun 14

I would run one by one as there could be a risk of corruption of all 3 if run at the same time. Someone else may know better though.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:46 30 Jun 14
Answer

3 separate for same reasons as Woolwell

probably one every two days

if one fails or gets corrupted you only then lose two days of work not a whole week.

catpwss 11:39 01 Jul 14

Thank You both for the update,that method of every two days is a good one. Many Thanks. Sorry for delay in replying as the email notification don't work for some reason

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…