HDD enclosure question.

Mimsy 23:49 29 Jun 04

Hello, If I take the HDD from my old Win.98 computer, and connect it to my new XP machine with an external enclosure,will I be able to use the programs & games which only work on Win.98?
The connection would be by Firewire. Thank you.

hugh-265156 03:20 30 Jun 04

as there is an operating system on the drive you will have to install it as a dual boot set up. install it as a slave to your xp drive and enter your bios and set the slave win98 drive as the first boot device.

boot to the 98 drive and enter safe mode and try to install your motherboard drivers (as your new computer will use a different one to the old computer) it should then work ok hopefully. or it may not if your mobo is very new.

you will need to choose which drive you want to make the first boot device again if you want to get back to xp.

ps. if you have the cdroms of your older games you could try them with xp using compatabillity mode for win98 maybe, or have you already tried that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…