Hdd Drives

bonze 21:08 11 Jan 05

I want to change my hard drive an keep the original as a secondery. does it matter which type of drive i buy. ie 40gb plexter?

Chezdez 21:10 11 Jan 05

no, just so long as you set the new one as a master
a better soluton may be set the new one as a secondary, if your just looking for more storage or else you'll have to go through the hassle of reinstalling windows and setting it all up again

thats what i've done anyway

skaria 21:31 11 Jan 05

i think it does matter. if you have got an ide hard drive, then you i think you must buy an ide drive, and if sata, then vice versa. A really good website to buy a hard dfrive from, which i just did yesterday is click here. This click here is also good. hope this helps!!!

bonze 21:38 11 Jan 05

How do I know if need a SATA or an IDIE

skaria 21:50 11 Jan 05

have a look here. its a thread i posted, although it does require u to open the pc. have a look at the pete77 post basically "Its easy to check this by opening the case and having a look. If there is a broad ribbon cable attached to the drive ( approx 50mm wide) then it is an Ide drive .. the other option is serial ATA which is only a small 9pin connection. The faster spin speed ( usually 7200 rpm)helps data transfer faster because the disk can be read quicker". Heres the post click here.

bonze 22:20 11 Jan 05

Thanks skaria. I have had a look inside mine it is an ide drive.I asume it is not as up to date as the more modern drives.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…