Hdd coolers where they go?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:37 13 Apr 04

Hi, i brought 2 hdd coolers,2 ram coolers and a hot air extractor for my pc from the local pc fair they were just in plain boxes no instructions and the lot cost me 20 quid now i have fitted all apart from the hdd coolers,and im stumped what side of the hdd do they go on ?and how do you get them to stop there ? i cant find any fixings i can connect them to the power ok but the rest im lost.The colours a bit bold bright yellow but i can live with that,lol.

Regards.

Big Elf 20:47 13 Apr 04

What do the coolers look like? If they're flat and roughly the size of the hard drive then they should fit on the bottom of the drive and should be screwed into matching holes on the underside.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:51 13 Apr 04

They are flat with 2 fans in each they are the same size as the hdd i cant see and holes for screws in them tho and the under side of my hdd's
have rubber on them,and i dont really wanna remove it as all the curcuits are under it.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 21:08 13 Apr 04

Right i have jusr eased some of the rubber aside and found holes to screw to 2 things i didnt get any screws with them,and second is it wise to remove the rubber padding?

Regards.

Big Elf 23:24 13 Apr 04

Sorry for delay in replying. Mine don't have the rubber seal which I suspect is to help with vibration isolation. I do know that the fans can cool the hard drive substantially so trimming a bit of the rubber away would help them fit. The screws to fit would be available from somewhere like Maplins Electronics but as I have hundreds of them I would be happy to send you a selection to try. If you email me your address I would be happy to mail you a selection of screws that will probably fit (free of charge of course).

Djohn 23:29 13 Apr 04

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË You say they have fans in them. They're not the type that replace a front blanking plate are they?

if the hdd's have got rubber padding round them then all you'll be fitting is a rubber cooler.

if i were you and only if, then i'd remove the rubber 1st then fit the cooler , then leave the rubber off completely.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:26 14 Apr 04

Thx e1 i have managed to sort this,thx for the offer Big Elf,but i found some in me tool box.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…