HDD clunk

johnstott 23:19 30 Jan 03

Back before christmas I had the dreaded clunking on my HDD drive which was new last april. The HDD worked but was slugish and did crash from time to time. I did run the manufacturers software (Power Max) which did identify a fault. It then ran the second level evaluation, found the fault again offered to fix it and away we went - all seemed fine.

The question is - is it as good as new - I am wary that the warranty runs out soon so if a fault is still there should I send it back. Also, it is intersting to note that Norton still finds a disc intergrity problem with the HDD (I haven't asked it to resolve the issue in case I send it back).

At the moment the HDD seems ok, but obviously will it last the course, do I do the powermax burn out programe to "test to destruction", do I let Norton loose or do I send it back?

Cheers

John

BRYNIT 23:59 30 Jan 03

If you send it back with no visible problems, they will just return it.

If you let Norton loose, it will kill or cure it. You have nothing to loose. If the HD becomes faulty you can then send it back.

Powermax burn out programme, yes, no, yes, no. This is a choice only you can make.

johnstott 12:41 31 Jan 03

I suppose the qustion I am asking is how good are the software repairs? Obviously I can run the various options and everything is OK then typically it goes wrong outside the warranty period. What sort of success is obtained from these type of fixes compared to if I trash (so to speak)the HDD and send it back?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…