HDD & CD writer probs.

The Dazza 14:52 28 Mar 05

I have 3 pc's at home and about 18months ago I bought an 80GB HDD to compliment my 20 GB HDD
on one of my pc's. It worked great for about 12 months then all of a sudden it kept disappearing
from windows explorer intermittently. Then the same started happening with my cd writer, it kept
disapperaing intermittently from explorer. I changed cables and the problem continued. Thinking
that maybe my mobo was shot I tried installing the HDD in another pc, it didn't recognise in
explorer either in that machine. I tried installing 2 other HDD's in the second machine one 30GB
to compliment the 20GB already in - didn't recognise. However, the 20GB HDD that I installed in
the 2nd pc was read. It seems that it will only recognise 20 GB hard drives. I thought that
maybe the 80GB HDD could be dead but this wouldn't explain why the cd writer keeps disappearing.
Confused? Yeah, me too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…