hdd

picklsey 06:28 21 Sep 04

if you remember my previos post i had a lot of trouble getting the pc to recognise the 160 hdd.well i have since put a new m/b in and the pc is running well.xp home sp2 installed and it is recognising the full hdd but not in the bios it is still only rec. 33gb. now i can live with this i have tried auto detect but no difference still says 33gb.i have used p/magic to partition the hdd. all is well on that front i am just wandering if there,s a way to get the bios to recognise it.thanks in advance.

Diodorus Siculus 06:30 21 Sep 04

Are there any jumper settings to limit it to 32GB? Some disks have this feature and you will need to check the disk documentation.

picklsey 06:46 21 Sep 04

thanks for response the jumper settings are ok,as i said my pc is recognising the full hdd and i have the full use of it.it,s only in the bios that it is not recognising the full hdd.thanks.

ened 07:30 21 Sep 04

I ran a pc for about three trouble-free years with 4 IDE devices which the POST always came up with 'Not Detected'

picklsey 07:46 21 Sep 04

ened thanks like i said i can live with it or should i say my dauter can as i have put this pc together for her.i was just curious if thre was a way to get the bios to see it.i think i,ve tried all the usual ways.but knowing me i havn,t.thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5