HD Partitions

hgrock 10:54 29 Mar 07

hello folks, i replaced my HD that came with my Sony laptop with a larger one, i did not format the old one before i took it out in case the new one didn't work. i have put it into a case and it now plugs into USB , problem is it is divided into 3 partitions (F, extended hidden, and G)a Sony thing.
i now want to use the whole disk, am using xp pro. disk manager would not do fdisk nor command prompt, i can use partition manager but i don’t want to pat $70 for a one off use, and the cheaper ones don’t work with ntfs volumes, i deleted the partitions G in disk manager but it does not add the free space to the f
any suggestions? thanks in advance
George

Pamy 11:03 29 Mar 07
  pj123 11:55 29 Mar 07

You could use Ranish (free from): click here which will manage partitions without losing any data, or so I am led to believe.

I haven't tried it myself yet as I generally format it after using a boot floppy: click here (I use the Win 98SE bootdisk).

Use fdisk and delete all partitions then create a new primary partition using all the disk space and then format.

It will be in Fat32 format but can be changed to NTFS in Windows.

hgrock 12:06 29 Mar 07

Pamy thanks worked like a dream

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…