HD with one partition showing, rest is free space

faulties 19:06 12 Dec 06

Hi. Hope someone can help here. I don't know what I've done but...........

I have a 140gb Sata hard drive which I use as a secondary drive for documents, photos, music etc. Problem is I can't use it all. There's only 14gb usable space. The rest shows up, in computer management, as 135gb free space.

When I right click and use the new logical disk manager it goes through to the end then puts up a message saying:

Logical Disk Manager.
An unexpected error has occured. Check the System Event log for more information on the error. Close the Disk Management console, then restart Disk Manager or restart copmputer.

I've tried both but it does the same again. System Event log gives the date and time of the event, Source says LDM, Category says none, Event says 2. I've no idea what this all means.

I know I need to make a logical partition but I don't know how.

I'm running XP service pack2 fully updated. The Sata drive was formatted NTFS previously and was usable, as I've said I can't remember what happened to create this situation.

Thanks for any help given.

faulties 21:14 12 Dec 06

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…