hd cloning

mad1234 12:22 16 Oct 07

has anyone used this?click here
is it any good?

i asked the Q
click here
opted to buy seagate ext hd and used the free seagate cloning tool powered by acronis.
click here
something to consider if you have a seagate drive.

mad1234 13:22 16 Oct 07

don't know what drive i have as it's in my laptop but i haven't taken it apart yet to have a look

Quiet Life 13:46 16 Oct 07

Look at the first review on the site that you indicate. It does not read too good.
I have used click here which is free, works amd I have found to be very good.

mad1234 14:09 16 Oct 07

thanks Quiet Life i will have a look at that

mad1234 14:26 16 Oct 07

my next question is
Can you plug 2 HD's into one laptop? as i understand it there isn't much space in there.
if theres not enough space to plug them into my laptop can you plug them into a pc to do the job?

better off buying a external hard drive,then you can connect it up via usb and back up,also use it for backing up your desktop.

recent thread on externals
click here

mad1234 15:02 16 Oct 07

what i'm after is cloning my HD onto a bigger HD & putting the bigger one in my lappy cos mines a medion mim2120 & the HD is split into 3 parts 1-20GB & 2-10GB which i seem to be filling up rather quickly

ok.
you could put your new laptop hard drive in one of these,clone your current one across and then fit the new one.
You could then use your old one in the caddy for extra storage or back up

click here

mad1234 15:19 16 Oct 07

that's a good idea i think i'll do that.
ta very much *Raven*

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…